Saturday, January 30, 2016

I added some power wires to these pre-heresy lascannons.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

New Predator and Rhino progress: After making a wash from charcoal and black acrylics, I put the tanks on a shelf in front of a small fan to dry for 36 hours.

I found out recently that Utrecht paint is no longer in production. My Cerulean Blue tube is on its last legs, so I mixed some phthalocyanine blue with some Golden Titanium White to cut down my second coat.

Blue second coat looks good, next up is the straight-up white on the other half.

Friday, January 15, 2016

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Pete's new toy, fully painted, just before podcast recording tonight.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

a salvaged predator from an eBay auction. I had to pry it apart, but things just didn't join together the best, so it looks a little wonky at this point. I hope to prime it Tuesday night and get painting on it.

For this predator (my fifth), I decided to double-down on the Dakka pred pattern and add the Pintle heavy bolter and hunter killer missile. Like all good tank commanders, this one is wearing inadequate headgear for a 41st millennium battlefield.