Wednesday, December 31, 2014

SUS continued.

Some more work on the SUS. Did a hand-rubbed gloss coat made from gel, retarder, umber and a rag. This deepened up the tone a little bit; I had wanted a warmer tone than what boot polish could provide.

The rag, and the egg poaching cup where I mix most of my paints.
The rag, and the egg poaching cup where I mix most of my paint.

Its okay to use waterslide on terrain, I think.
I rubbed the paint off the surface of the signs.  The signs were applied with PVA glue, and a thin wash of the glue was spread across the surface.  This allows me to paint with an acrylic on top, and rub off what isn't needed when it half-hardens.
The radar dish points directly to the Standard Process Drone Signal Satellite (SPDSS) positioned in synchronous orbit with the SUS.