Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Apoc-Luck from the NGC pt 1

I got to participate in the frequently occurring Narrative Gamer's Club Apoc Luck battle.  This one was the end of the run for this year, J ( http://apostlesofcontagion.blogspot.com/ ) came over early on a bus and we jetted across to the West Side to play at Pegasus Games ( http://www.pegasusgames.com/ ).  I used to be a Last Square patron, but since they've moved to who-knows-where I've started going to Pegasus.  I've gotta tell you, I've received nothing but excellent customer service at Pegasus, so much so that I'll drive all the way across town to be engaged by the sales staff, asked if I would like to pre-order items, be given a discount anonymous VIP card, and be exposed to a clean and well stocked store.

Cutomer Service.  Misty Mountain Games, this is what you lack, FYI.

Anyways, I had a great time.  Let's start with some deployment.

J's Iron Warriors on full display.  My 5,000 points are behind his.  The scout titan isn't mine, it was assigned to me at the beginning of the battle to even out teams.  I was also given 2k of Imperial Fists!  Most of my points were sunk into expensive HQ and veteran squads loaded aboard landraiders.

The battlefield before deployment.

The squadron of Thunderbolts.  Awesome stuff.

An amazing Eldar army, wonderfully painted.  And some Mountain Dew.

A mix of some of the chaos and ork forces.

For my hardware-store friends, wonderfully simple conversions of cannons made from spark plugs.  This particular ork player cannot say more good things about ork artillery units.  He uses them extensively.

Some more Chaos forces...


Nurgle...

...kept getting more and more frightening...


Plague drones.  I love these models.

Some of the painting was outstanding.


As were the conversions,

...with really excellent details like these.

Obliterators.

Tables teeming with orks.  Grey ones.  Ethmongul should take note that Zazdakka has spread his genes unwittingly around the galaxy.


Next post will highlight some of the battle action.

1 comment:

slovak said...

I love the skaven-armorbeard-whatzit guys.