Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A new Victory Point brainstorm

Ick.  Havent been posting.  Check out Apostles of Contagion for what  we did.  I'll really try hard to come up with some fluff to describe it all, but I've been working overtime like nuts.  I need one of those long days to sit and chill out and get this done.

However, I've put together some terrain after work with some scrap glass and foil/solder.  They're glass boxes, pretty rough-cut by my standards but they should work with my current terrain set (aka: the big box of stuff I found on the street (literally)).

I'm hoping for a good Sunday game, some Zone Mortalis and Arbitrator.  I think for Arbitrator we'll try something a little bit more simple, run on the board, collect some objectives.  Initial brainstorm was that you could grab an objective, combine the objective with another one.

Say you have eight objectives on the board.  These are movable objectives, using rules that describe them as heavy two-handed objectives.  Say they look and act like ten-gallon buckets of water.

Only one person can carry an objective.  However, if you brought an objective to another objective, you could "mix" the two of them, that's when the second objective would be added to the first and only be worth 50% of its current value, but becoming a single objective worth 1.5 points.  As long as you add mixtures to the bucket, every added objective loses 50% of its value, so a third objective carried by one person would be worth 1 + 0.25 + 0.5 = 1.75. 

Individual models could exchange buckets, but the values never increase, nor can they be separated.  Therefore, if I had Hiro carrying three objectives at 1.75vp, and Yog carrying one at 1.0, Hiro could give Yog his bucket.  Then Yog would have 1.0 + 1.75 (50%) = 1.875.

I say we deploy, and run for the buckets!

Comments welcome.

No comments: