Friday, January 10, 2014

The game against Iyanden.

Local store just started a new league-hopeful Wednesday night.  While I can't make it every night, at least I did last night and it was a hoot.  I fought Eldar with my 1850 marine list.  I felt like a fish-out-of-water again, but did some things right.  Some things wrong.

He had two Wraithknights and four (or was it five?) wave serpents.  His troops were fragile (5-man dire avengers) but the rest of his army was solid, and hinged greatly upon the shots of the serpents.  Still, I had a great time losing to him 3-1 (or something like that).

Toward the end of the game, a five-man combat squad and dreadnaught threaten one of the wave serpents, while Thad Allen and his two tacticals charge another, and there's still one marine left from a squad back there somewhere...

Dire avengers land upon my objective, I shot them down to one man at the end of the game, but they held it still.

The board toward the beginning.  The second wraithknight is behind the building.



Highlights for me included killing both the wraithknights by the end of the game, one of them was in assault with my master of the forge.  His army was really well painted and a joy to look at, and his wraithknight stands on a single toe-  he said theres a wire running all the way up the leg into the hip.

3 comments:

Vigo theCarpathian said...

Cool. I'm guessing 5 Waveserpents was a tough nut to crack!

-Mark said...

Well, it was 4, actually. But 4 waveserpents and TWO WRAITHKNIGHTS ohmygawd. Still, I've got like a million lascannons, and krak grenades still work pretty well on that rear armor. When I finally engaged on turn five, I was able to take two of them down.

Worse though, was that all of them had double scatter lasers and would fire their shield EVERY FRIGGIN' TURN, that made for a brutal and withering wave of fire I couldn't escape from.

-Mark said...

Oh yeah. And I told him that I'd love to see you face him. I think he'd give you a good run for your money. :)