Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Paskquisher Conversion.

You take a Leman Russ Punisher (that's the one with the heavy 20 shot turret), you add Tank Commander Pask, you double-down with three heavy bolters and a heavy stubber.  I decided to make one, despite it being not very cost-effective in the competitive game.  I'm like that, I think.  I've got a Chronos-piloted Annihilator Predator in my Space Marines army.  I like tank commanders.  This guy cannot jump out like Chronos can, but he's still pretty cool.  Makes the take BS4.


Slovak can be thanked for donation of the tread "sides" of the tank.  The chassis was from my old Looted Ork Demolisher, which seriously got nerfed (Front Armor 11) in the new 'Dex.  I had to add some bits from a Baneblade kit I had sitting around for ages.  The back of the Ork Demolisher had been torn off and replaced with a screen, which would reveal the spinning light I had mounted inside.  Since that was long gone, I had to layer some armor plates.  No problem, this guy is a siege tank with extra armor on the back.  The treads are a worn-out belt I salvaged from work.  The original purpose of this belt is to drive a diamond ring saw.  I've saved several of these, they fit nicely into the tracks. and are much easier to install than the plastic treads included in the kit.  


The turret is a housing for the radioactive element inside a smoke alarm.  Of course I tore it out and used it.  Its perfect.  Again, more bits from a baneblade.  Pask is attached with a magnet (in case I build another tank that's even more stupid).  The gun is a G.I. Joe barrel (?) that Seti gave me a long time ago, and it is mounted to the turret housing with a finishing washer from a peep-hole lens used on doors.  


A detail of the front of the tank.  I figured I could add a dozer blade if I found I needed the tank to cost even more points.  Otherwise, this is the mechanism that's used to tow the tank to battle, since its gas mileage is three gallons to the mile.


2 comments:

slovak said...

I love the treads. Love love love. Does anyone love these treads more than me? I doubt it. Great tank, forget about the points.

You failed to mention a re-purposed searchlight housing at the base of the gun! Ingenious.

Did I mention that I love the belt-drive treads -?

Warsmith Morgoth said...

I don't think anyone loves them more than you, but I think they are great! I really like the turret too.

Keep up the good work, your guard army is going to turn out just as unique and characterful as your ork army i have a feeling.